Happy Holidays! It’s time for even more of the Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players! Each year, I put together a list of my favorite tennis gifts to give (and to get). We’ve already looked at the Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – Women’s Edition, a great collection of gifts just for the ladies. Now, here’s a collection of holiday presents to whip your favorite tennis partner, pal or special someone into tennis-fit-shape (or just go ahead and buy one or two of these for yourself – you deserve it!).
- Nike Haze All Time Pullover Hoodie – Be hip, trendy and fashion-forward with this Nike pullover hoodie. It's exactly the right weight for hitting tennis balls or working out in chilly weather. You can layer it to make sure you're never too hot or too cold. I love this blue and black color combo but, of course, there are other options so I'm sure you'll find one just right for you.
- Yoga Block and Strap Set – I have long advocated stretching as a way to increase your range of motion and reduce your chance of injury. And yoga is a wonderful and restorative way to get in some fantastic stretching. If, like me, you're not a professional yogi quite yet, using aids like blocks and straps can help deepen your stretching while maintaining your balance. While many yoga studios provide these things for you, having your own yoga block and strap is a lot more hygienic and allows you to keep your practice up at home. Plus you can clean these as needed. So go right ahead – stretch and sweat!
Winners & Circle Wristband Set – This is my personal favorite from the current Wristpect wristband collection. The colors are bright and the design is adorable. I gave one of these to my tennis partner to build team solidarity (I think it's working – we're winning!). Wristbands are super functional on court and off and they also make a great gift for your partner, your captain or your coach. Check out Wristpect Sport for more because they have lots of sweet color and design combos.
Asics Womens Gel Noosa Tri 10 Running Shoes – I love a gorgeous pair of running shoes, especially if they can also perform. I've personally had great luck with the Asics brand – both their running shoes and their tennis shoes. And I think this Gel Noosa pair, in Pink Glow, Aqua Splash and Fuchsia is just what any fitness addict would love to receive as a special gift this holiday season.
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracket in Plum and Silver – I admit it. I have become a Fitbit fanatic. I got mine back in September and have not gone a day without tracking what I'm doing and shooting for my goal. I have this own – the Fitbit Alta – and it not only tells me the time, it also tracks my steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep stats. I can also use it to set a silent, vibrating alarm which turns out to be a surprisingly handy feature. In addition, it will give me call, text and calendar notifications although I don't use it for this (enough information is enough). On top of all this, you can find replacement straps to easily change out the color and material of the band – I found a rose gold metal one that I use when I want to be fancy (but still count my steps).
Tennis Anatomy by Paul Roetert and Mark S. Kovacs – Talk about tennis fitness. Tennis Anatomy shows you more than 72 of the most effective exercises for tennis players, each with step-by-step descriptions and full-color anatomical illustrations highlighting muscles in action. These illustrations of the active muscles for forehands, backhands, volleys, and serves show you how each exercise is fundamentally linked to tennis performance. If you are truly serious about building your fitness for the game, this is the book you want.
Kinzi Resistance Band Set with Door Anchor, Ankle Strap, Exercise Chart & Resistance Band Carrying Case – I first started using resistance bands for physical therapy when I had some a shoulder injury but I have became a true believer in how powerful these little things can be. Studies have shown that elastic resistance training increases muscle strength and decreases body fat, often more so than free weight and machine training. You can challenge your body, increase your fitness, and build your strength, all with this one portable and lightweight set. This set includes several bands at different resistance levels (meaning some are harder to pull on than others) as well as a door anchor, ankle strap, exercise chart and case, giving you everything you need for a complete body workout.
Joy of Fitness Spiky Balls Massage Roller Stick – Yes, this is a very strange looking thing. But roll it over your thigh, down your hamstring, or over your shoulder, and you'll get just what this is. A massage roller stick is a simple way to work out some of the stiffness and soreness in your muscles and it feels so good. While you can find massage roller sticks without spiky balls, I say bring on the spikyness!
Well, those are my fav fitness gifts. Stay tuned tomorrow for my Holiday Gift Guide – Stocking Stuffers Edition!
And, if you're looking for more holiday gift ideas, check out these other Tennis Fixation Gift Guides:
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2016 Women's Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2016 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Women's Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Fitness Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Women's Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Fitness Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Gifts For Tennis Players – Tennis Fixation 2013 Holiday Gift Guide
- Best Last Minute Gifts And Stocking Stuffers For Tennis Players
- Tennis Fixation 2012 Holiday Gift Guide – Best Gifts For Tennis Players!
Full disclosure – Many of the links in this post and in all of my Holiday Gift Guides are affiliate links. I make a very small commission if you purchase any item using my affiliate links. Your cost is the same for these items whether or not you use these links. My opinion on these items is not influenced by this and I always tell the absolute truth about every item that I review. I usually do not review items and I never recommend items that I don’t like.