The holiday season is right around the corner and that can only mean one thing here at Tennis Fixation – it's time for my annual holiday gift guides! Hooray!
Each year, I work hard to find the best gifts that any tennis player would love to give (and to get). As in the past, I’m doing several editions of my gift guide – to cover every possible player at every possible price point. This first guide is my “Women’s Edition” and it’s packed with all kinds of goodies just for the ladies. If you’re looking for the perfect present for your favorite female tennis partner, pal or special someone or if you just want something to reward yourself for a season well-played, this list has everything you could possibly want for looking ultra cute on the tennis court.
- Asics Gel Solution Speed 3 NYC Limited Edition Womens Tennis Shoe – I have been wearing this particular model of Asics tennis shoes for a couple of years now. I love them because they are not only comfortable, breathable and supportive, but they are so dang perky! And here's a perfect example of that. These limited edition Asics came out right before this year's US Open and feature graphics inspired by New York City. Wearing these on court means, even if you lose the match, you still win for looking so hip!
- Oakley Women's Unstoppable Sunglasses – If you're playing lots of tennis, like we are, then you deserve a truly good pair of sunglasses. These Oakleys are the ones I'm currently sporting and I absolutely love them. They are super light, so they don't slip while you're playing. They are sized just for women and polarized to filter out UVA and UVB rays. Plus, this particular model features rose coloring inside the frame – adorable. If this particular model doesn't appeal to you, I still recommend you spend that little bit of extra money to get sports frames that are truly made for playing tennis in. You can thank me later.
The Stylish Life: Tennis by Ben Rothenberg – This coffee table book is at the very tippy top of my list of most-wanted gifts this holiday season. Because it is packed with photos of the elegant, glamorous, luxurious tennis life that I dream of living. And with commentary by noted tennis writer Ben Rothenberg, I imagine it whisking me off to that country club fantasy version of the game that I'm sure is out there (if I could just get in on it).
Sofibella Women`s Racerback Tennis Dress in Amethyst – Too often, we all seem to be wearing the exact same thing out on court. But I love this dress because this is not something you will see on every other player you face. The body of the dress is a gorgeous shade of purple trimmed in black and featuring an acid greenish-yellow splash of color on the hem. on court. Too often, we all seem
Tennis Trunk – Of all of my holiday tennis gift picks, this one is definitely the most fun. Tennis Trunk is a subscription box “created for tennis players, by tennis players.” Finally! Each box is filled with awesome tennis gear that you (or your tennis pal) will definitely love having in your tennis bag. The Tennis Trunk team was nice enough to provide me with a box to try out back in October and, when it arrived, it was literally Christmas in October! Every box comes in a very cute “tennis trunk” (no gift wrap required) and always includes 2 cans of tennis balls and a pack of overwraps for your racket. You get to customize the box a bit (male or female, t-shirt size, brand of balls and overwrap) but the contents are truly a big surprise. You can choose the subscription plan that fits you best and, frankly, this may be the holiday gift I give to myself.
Primal & Colors Wristband Set by Wristspect Sport – I have long loved all the things going on over at Wristspect Sport and this vibrantly colored set of wristbands is why. You want animal prints? Here you go. Can't decide what your favorite color is today? Just wear these. You may have seen Bethanie Mattek-Sands sporting their Free & Spirit Wristband with its stars and stripes pattern during her 2016 US Open women's doubles victory. For me? I'm more of a neon animal print girl.
SOLFIRE Women`s Rhombatic Peak Tennis Skort – Sure, it's breathable, quick-drying, odor-resistant and has an SPF of 50. But, seriously, how sexy is this skort? I am always looking for something that isn't the same thing that everyone else is wearing and I think Solfire's bright, geometric patterned skirt with a mesh overlay is the kind of different I'm looking for. It comes in this “Acai” version of purple with orangey pink highlights but you can also get it in “Turkish Blue” if that's more your thing.
Maggie Mather Three Tone Zippered Tote Bag-Orange/Red/Fuchsia – Maggie Mather is known for its bags, totes and backpacks in super-saturated colors but this one puts together an awesome combo of orange, red and fuchsia. Love it! And the fun doesn't stop there. The inner water-repellant lining features a pink and white zebra lining. I heart that. While I would make this my go-to tennis tote, it would also be a perfect gym bag, diaper bag and/or carry-on bag.
So those are my fav gifts for women. Stay tuned tomorrow for my Holiday Gift Guide – Fitness Edition!
And, if you're looking for more holiday gift ideas, check out these Tennis Fixation Gift Guides from past years:
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2016 Fitness Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2016 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Women's Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Fitness Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2015 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Women's Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Fitness Edition
- Best Holiday Gifts for Tennis Players – 2014 Stocking Stuffers
- Best Gifts For Tennis Players – Tennis Fixation 2013 Holiday Gift Guide
- Best Last Minute Gifts And Stocking Stuffers For Tennis Players
- Tennis Fixation 2012 Holiday Gift Guide – Best Gifts For Tennis Players!
Full disclosure – As I indicated in this post, I was provided with a free Tennis Trunk subscription box to try out. Also, many of the links in this post and in all of my Holiday Gift Guides are affiliate links. I make a very small commission if you purchase any item using my affiliate links. Your cost is the same for these items whether or not you use these links. My opinion on these items is not influenced by this and I always tell the absolute truth about every item that I review. I usually do not review items and I never recommend items that I don’t like.