Are you still looking for some fabulous gifts for the tennis players in your life? How about some cute stocking stuffers? With only a few shopping days left, you may find you no longer have time to visit your local tennis specialty store. You certainly don't have time to order something on-line.
But, don't despair! There are all kinds of wonderful last minute gifts available at the drug store, at the grocery store, or at your favorite big box discount store. Here's a list of gifts that any tennis fanatic would be happy to find in his or her stocking this holiday season:
1. Tennis balls – You can never have too many and these can easily be found at your discount store, usually for a pretty good price. If you want to know exactly what kind of tennis balls to buy, check out these Tennis Fixation posts – What's The Difference Between Regular Duty and Extra Duty Tennis Balls? and What's The Difference Between Pressurized And Pressureless Tennis Balls?
2. Socks – As with tennis balls, you can't have too many socks. While cute tennis-y socks are nice, good old white ankle socks are always very much appreciated.
3. Sunscreen – Sure, it's winter. But sunscreen is a requirement any time a player hits the courts. So make sure your favorite tennis person's bag is stocked with plenty of sun protection for the face and the body.
4. Lip balm – Another great item to have handy in the tennis bag. And make sure to get a lip balm that not only tastes good, but also includes sunscreen to protect delicate lips.
5. Hand towel – While you may think the well-equipped tennis player carries only tennis towels embroidered with tennis insignia, you would be wrong. Most of us are happy to just have a clean towel. A clean, white towel is even nicer. So a stack of clean, white hand towels would be much appreciated.
6. Snacks – It's always important for a player to carry snacks for that mid-match energy boost that only a granola bar can provide. So buy a box or two of snacks to put in your player's stocking. For tips on what the best types of tennis snacks are, check out this post – Quick Tennis Fix: Bring Your Own Snacks.
7. Fitness water – My goodness, there are a lot of tasty fitness waters out there these days. So give the gift of something that's both new and fun by buying a few bottles for your favorite player to try out.
That's my quick list of tennis stocking stuffers. So you've got no excuses – get out there and pick up those last few gifts! Happy Holidays to you and Happy Tennis in the New Year!