You know how important it is to keep on drinking while you're playing tennis. What's the best way to get yourself hydrated on the courts?
1. Start drinking before you start playing. Don't wait to drink until you're already sweating it out on the courts.
2. Drink water. It's the best thing to keep you properly hydrated.
3. Try fruit-flavored, calorie-free waters. There are plenty of substitutes for water out there so give them a try and find the one you like.
4. Keep a water bottle or jug with you all the time, even when you're not playing.
5. Drink until your urine is pale yellow. Maybe you don't want to look at your urine. Or maybe you don't want to admit that you look at your urine. But this is a great way to tell whether or not your dehydrated. Pale yellow = good. Dark yellow = really bad.
6. After you finish, recover by drinking water or a sports drink to replenish your losses.
© Kim Selzman 2009
All Rights Reserved