In this episode, I'll focus on just what you need to get “laser” focus on court during your tennis matches. You can listen to this episode by clicking on the gray media player above or by listening in with your favorite podcast app. You can also subscribe in iTunes by clicking on this link: tennisfixation.com/itunes.
In this week's episode, I give you my best tips for building up your mental strength by getting laser focused on the tennis court. Listen in and learn how to:
1. Be aware – gain an awareness of exactly what is happening on your course and how you are being distracted.
2. Be present – zero in on exactly what is going on with the point you are playing right now. This is exactly what people mean when they say, “play one point at a time.”
3. Get a ritual – learn how to get a ritual, just like Maria Sharapova, that will help you focus on what is happening in your match.
4. Use a mantra – figure out the words that mean the most to you and use them over and over. Over time, a well-used mantra can help you quickly focus on what you need to do to play your best tennis.
RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE:
SHARE THIS EPISODE:
If you enjoyed this episode, or know someone who might, please feel free to share it with them. You can simply direct people to:
There are also sharing and email buttons at the bottom of this post.
I hope you’ll subscribe to the Tennis Quick Tips podcast so you can listen in just as soon as each episode is released:
- SUBSCRIBE IN iTUNES: Visit the TQT iTunes page and subscribe (click on the “Subscribe” button or the blue “View in iTunes” button) or search for “Tennis Quick Tips” in the iPhone Podcast app.
- SUBSCRIBE ELSEWHERE: Search for “Tennis Quick Tips” in your favorite podcast app. Or visit the TQT Stitcher page and subscribe.
- Or visit the TQT podcast feed URL and listen in.
Thanks for listening and, as always, Happy Tennis!
[ois skin=”End of Blog Post”]