However, there are times when you come up against someone, usually an opponent, who just talks too much on court. And that can be very distracting. So in this episode, I'll give you my best tips for handling the player who talks too much on court. And I'll give you a bonus tip for dealing with your chatty partner when it is bothering you. You can listen to this episode by clicking on the media player above or by listening in with your favorite podcast app. You can also subscribe in iTunes by clicking on this link: tennisfixation.com/itunes.
In this episode, I give you these six tips for dealing with players who talk too much on court. I go into detail into how you can put these tips into effect in your next match. My six tips are:
- Set up your equipment in the right place.
- Control where you look.
- Don't engage in small talk.
- ay something – tell the player that you don't want to talk so much.
- Use short answers.
- Use body language.
And my bonus tip for dealing with a partner who talks too much is – just let them know. Tell your partner that their chattiness is distracting and causing you to lose focus.
RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
Check out these other Tennis Quick Tips episodes for more information on talking on court:
- What to Talk About with your Tennis Doubles Partner – Tennis Quick Tips Podcast Episode 127
- Call It! Communicating with Your Doubles Partner – Tennis Quick Tips Podcast Episode 109
- How to Communicate – Tennis Quick Tips Podcast Episode 81
- Talking on the Tennis Court – Tennis Quick Tips Podcast Episode 59
GET A BETTER SERVE FAST!
By applying the 10 simple tips to your serve that I give in this ebook, your serve can become a tool that you can use to gain control of points. It can become more powerful, more accurate, and something you’re actually proud of. Just click on the button below to get instant access to this free ebook as well as weekly updates with all of my best tennis tips!