I recently played a league match where the opposing team provided snacks that consisted of a variety of Easter candies and not much else. While I like a neon pink sugary Peep bunny just as much as the next person, this is not the kind of nutritious bite I need to keep me going during my tennis match.
To avoid this type of munchie disaster in the future, I've decided to start bringing my own snacks. And when I think about the beating I often put my tennis bag through, what I'll need is something that's not only healthy and tasty, but also portable and un-meltable. Here are the snacks that I have in mind:
- Bananas and Apples – the perfect fruits, no container necessary
- Dried Fruit – higher in calories than whole fruit but easy to transport and very tasty
- Granola or Cereal Bars – these need to be on the dry side, not the chocolate-y ones that might melt in the heat
- Nuts or Trail Mix – delicious and nutritious
- Crackers – I'm thinking individual bags of Goldfish or the like
The good thing about all of these snacks is that I can stick them in my bag the night before a match without worrying that they'll go bad.
Do you have a favorite snack you take along to matches? Let me know and I'll give it a try!