I have a ton of great tennis resources that I turn to again and again to help improve my game. One of these is a book I bought way back when I first took up tennis. It's called The Inner Game of Tennis, by W. Timothy Gallwey and in this episode, I tell you why I've read this book multiple times and how I think it can help you play with more focus and better concentration. You can listen to this episode by clicking on the media player above or by listening in with your favorite podcast app. You can also subscribe in iTunes by clicking on this link: tennisfixation.com/itunes.
In this episode, I give you a review of one of my favorite tennis books, The Inner Game of Tennis, by W. Timothy Gallwey. This book was first published in 1974, when I was just a kid 🙂 so it reads a little “new age” and “touchy-feely.” But the concepts in it are so helpful, especially if, like me, you are sometimes a real mental basket case on court. It talks you through the concept of becoming less judgmental of what you're doing as you play tennis and gives you specific examples and tips of how to focus on the game and be present when you're playing. For me, reading this book always brings me back to a calmer state of mind. And that's something I definitely need help with and I'll bet you do too. Listen in for a quick book review and then use the links below to check it out on Amazon.
RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- You can click here to buy The Inner Game of Tennis on Amazon – The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
- You can click here to buy Real Tennis Tips for Real Tennis Players on Amazon – Real Tennis Tips For Real Tennis Players: Simple Tips To Help You Play Better Tennis Fast
SHARE THIS EPISODE:
If you enjoyed this episode, or know someone who might, please feel free to share it with them. You can simply direct people to:
There are also sharing and email buttons at the bottom of this post.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW:
Be sure and subscribe to Tennis Quick Tips so you never miss an episode:
- iTunes: Visit the Tennis Quick Tips iTunes page and subscribe (click on the “Subscribe” button or the blue “View in iTunes” button) or search for “Tennis Quick Tips” in the iPhone Podcast app.
- Stitcher: Visit the Tennis Quick Tips Stitcher page and subscribe.
- RSS Feed: Go to the Tennis Quick Tips Podcast RSS feed to listen in.
- Podcast Page: Find every episode of Tennis Quick Tips in one easy-to-navigate place by visiting the Tennis Quick Tips Podcast page.
I hope you'll consider leaving your review and rating on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show become more easily discovered by like-minded, awesome people just like you. I really appreciate it!
Thanks so much for listening and, as always, Happy Tennis!
Full disclosure – The links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. I make a very small commission if you purchase any item using my Amazon affiliate links. Your cost is the same for these items whether or not you use these links. This does not influence my opinion of these items and I always tell the absolute truth about every item that I review. I usually do not review items that I don’t like.
[ois skin=”End of Blog Post”]